Strobist UK Opens, And a BIG Thank You to All

The international theme continues. After opening an Amazon Canada page last week, the Strobist UK Bookshelf opens today.

Further plans include a space in Amazon France, Amazon Japan, Amazon Germany, Amazon Neptune and possibly Amazon West Virginia, if we can surmount the language barriers.

As with Canada, this link will make it easy for you British types to find the lighting books recommended on the site, without international shipping charges attached. It is all very similar to the U.S. setup, except they apparently sell the books by weight.

Something to do with "pounds," I'm told.

I'm looking into it.

I have found that the UK is very similar to the US, except that you guys speak English, play football with your feet, and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Cheers, and thank for your help in supporting Strobist when you shop at Amazon UK.


And, Speaking of Thanks

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for the Amazon holiday shopping trips that have been initiated via Strobist. That one little extra mouse click makes a big difference when I try to work out whether all of the time and work I put into the site is worth the effort.

Please accept the heartfelt thanks of my entire family.

This new media stuff an amazing process when you think about it. I stay up late most nights to offload everything I have learned from my quickly aging brain. People then read it, learn new techniques and form a community of serial flashers. Then those flashers gear up on MPEX and click through to Amazon from Strobist, and the circle becomes self-sustaining.

As a wonderful bonus, we have all made hundreds of new friends this year. I have to say that I think this whole concept is way cool, and I thank each one of you for being a part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment